Average Joggler on a Podcast
Last week I participated in a running discussion on the Runner’s Lounge podcast.
You can listen to the episode by going to the Runner’s Lounge website and clicking on the mp3 file.
There were 5 seasoned marathon runners (only one juggling runner) who all weighed in on different questions like
1. What’s the one thing that no one ever told you about running a marathon?
2. What’s the biggest misconception about running a marathon?
3. What is/was your biggest concern before a race?
4. Describe miles 20 through 26.2. Any tips on getting through them?
5. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? The worst?
6. Why do you decide to do it again?
7. Is it all worth it?
The other people on the panel all have running blogs and are all worth a read. They include
Laura from Absolut(ly) Fit
Topher from I’ll Run for Donuts
Leslie from The Running Laminator
Laura from Frayed Laces
Check ’em out.
I’m running my first marathon in a little less than 2 weeks – yes running, not joggling. I do however have a good tip for aspiring jogglers/distance runners.
Stop counting your mileage in kilometers and count them in miles instead. it’s SO MUCH LESS INTIMIDATING. I can’t imagine myself running 42km but 26miles? Yea ok.