Recently, a group from my urban tribe decided to participate in the Great Midwest Relay. In this race / run, a team of people (we’ll have 12) run from Madison, Wisconsin to Chicago, Illinois. The total distance traveled is 190 miles.
This should be great fun. I’m especially looking forward to running and juggling at night time.
There are a host of people on the team who would not consider themselves runners but we all know this isn’t true. There are a few things that are certain.
You know you’re a runner when…
1. You drive over an hour to get to a 5K race.
2. You go to Florida during the winter to run a race.
3. You carry a separate bag to hold your running clothes
4. You’re running clothes fill half your suitcase.
5. You take 2 showers a day.
6. You don’t think 1 mile is long enough.
7. You can joke about chaffing.
8. You have more than 8 non-cotton t-shirts.
9. You get excited when you receive a new watch with a heart monitor.
10. You sign up with a group of people to run 190 miles and you think it’s fun.
So, to everyone on the “We’ve got balls” relay team, you are all runners!