As if joggling in and of itself was not a good enough reason to learn to juggle, here is an article from jugglingworld.biz that lists 8 physical benefits of juggling. I summarized their list and added a couple extra because nobody makes top 8 lists.
Benefits of juggling
1. Juggling is great aerobic exercise. It’s certainly more fun than one of those stupid elliptical machines. You’re more apt to keep at it.
3. Juggling makes you ambidextrous. Very useful if you ever break your arm.
4. Juggling keeps you warm. As long as you don’t sweat too much.
5. Juggling improves balance. Before I learned to juggle I couldn’t even ride a unicycle. But I can now!
6. Juggling improves motor skills. Catching, throwing, hand-eye coordination are all improved with juggling.
7. Juggling improves your rhythm. My wife can tell you what a great dancer I’ve become since learning to juggle.
8. Juggling relieves stress. Work or life getting you down? Just juggle it right out. Juggling requires concentration and this will help you forget about your troubles.
And I thought I’d add a couple of my own for the jogglers out there.
9. Juggling makes you smarter. At least juggling can make your brain bigger according to this study.
10. Juggling gives a a sense of accomplishment. There are always new challenges in juggling. New patterns, new equipment. When you want to get an ego boost, learn a new juggling trick. It’s incredibly satisfying.