The way to train for a joggling ultra marathon is to run and juggle…a lot.
Today, I’m joggling from my house to my sister’s house. The total distance will be just about 30 miles and is the longest I’ve ever run.
I’m looking forward to it. Of course, it’s raining right now. Thankfully, there is no lightning so I can feel good about running with my iPod. I’m going to listen to “Skeptics Guide to the Universe“, Seth Godin’s book “The Dip“, and a poker podcast called “Ante Up“.
Here is a checklist of things to do/carry to prepare for the longest run of your life.
Stuff for longest run of your life
1. Watch. I use a Polar Watch with a heart monitor.
2. Running shorts. Wearing spandex today to prevent chafing.
3. Running shirt. Short sleeve, red, Under Armour modified to say “Caution: Joggler Ahead” on back.
4. Running Shoes. Brooks GTS – 7. They’ve got over 300 miles on them already.
5. iPod. But only wearing one headphone. One ear is clear.
6. Juggling bean bags. My latest set of Gballz.
7. Running cap. Shannon got me a new Nike vented hat.
8. Cell phone. Just in case I need to call someone.
9. Running pocket. My shorts aren’t big enough to carry a cell phone.
10. Money. I might get thirsty or hungry along the way so I can stop in a 7-Eleven for a Gatorade.
That’s it. Now, I just need to eat a bowl of oat meal and I’ll be off.